We scoured an entire year’s worth of GORGEOUS weddings to come up with our list of absolute favorites from 2013. Are you ready for tons and tons of fab ideas, gowns, locations, and details? If you are newly engaged, this is the perfect post to get your feet wet! Welcome to the land of wedding planning!
3. Jason and Michelle’s gilded Charleston wedding shot by Kelly Sauer was a destination affair. They kept things simple, which we adore. Nevertheless, we couldn’t resist the beautiful bridal party, and that gold bouquet!
4. You guys went GAGA nuts over Annabel’s wedding gown created by Michelle Jank. Her bridesmaids wore statement worthy corsages on their dresses and popped in coordinating floral prints. Fashion was all the rage at Annabel and Matthew’s wedding shot by Samm Blake.
5. Speaking of fashion, hold on to your stilettos girls, because Megan and Nico’s Georgia wedding shot by Shawn Connell for Christian Oth Studio will have you rethinking everything you thought a wedding dress should be. A floral print gown? Yes. A high kick contest? Yes. Beautiful details everywhere you look? Yes. Of course.
6. As you can tell, we’re all about personal style, so of course it was no surprise that Bryan and Megan’s wedding shot by Braedon Flynn in Los Angeles topped our list. The talented duo are both dancers, so the we were delighted to see the bride donning tap shoes, the groom tap dancing down the aisle (in a plum suit no less), and a surprise choreographed first dance.
7. Some brides have a combo of style AND talent, which is the case with Bree! She made her very own gown (which we still can’t believe) as well as all her bridesmaids’ dresses. She had us hooked at those stripes! We also loved their photo timeline, which is a super fun idea, as well as the huge canvases they hung in the reception space! Details plus fashion make Bree and Taylor’s wedding shot by Rebekah Westover an absolute fave!
8. Rachel is a Martha Stewart alumni, so it’s no surprise that her wedding to Jeremy was a huge hit for us. We could not get enough of that incredible gown and those flowers, shot by Kristin Moore Photo. That’s all it really takes to stop us in our tracks.
10. One of our favorite color combos of the year was blush and neon–so unexpected and so Lady Grey approved. Kim and Dan’s wedding shot by Kate Harrison Photography was at once creative, refreshing, and yet elegant and romantic. Her dress? Out of this world. The flowers, the colors, the details? I mean…
12. Laura and Preston’s wedding shot by Ali Harper hits all the right notes for a timeless affair. Our favorite idea was for guests to record an actual message using a flip camera! Beyond genius, don’t you think?
13. You had us at peonies. There are so many details about Amy and Steven’s gorgeous wedding shot by Mastin Studio that we adore. Namely, the peonies. We’re also crazy about the cocktail menu, escort card display, and the wall of twinkle lights. Talk about romance!