Gretchen and Brett’s adorable Forth Worth wedding is filled to the brim with personalized touches designed and executed beautifully by Chancey Charm Dallas. The bright, industrial backdrop of BRIK Venue set the stage for all the cool details including scene-stealing white floral structures by Moss Floral Design, a candlelit dinner followed by a desert table and showpiece cake by Amuse Bake Shop and late-night sliders from retro food truck Easy Slider. The couple enlisted Charla Storey to capture their big day and RAVE about their keepsake photos—and we can all see why!
Tell us about the gown and where/how you found it:
After a few strikeouts, I found the gown at Lovely Bride in Uptown Dallas. It was hanging in the window on display and I knew immediately that I wanted to try it on! Turns out, they had gotten it in that day and I was the first bride to try it on. It was destined to be mine!
I had every intention of wearing the gown all night, but I decided last minute (week of!) to change into a white jumpsuit that had a special meaning. A couple of summers before, I had worn the same jumpsuit (but in pink) to a friend’s wedding, which Brett says I looked so good that it made him realize he wanted to marry me! I bought it in white for the rehearsal, but decided it was the ultimate party outfit and had to break it out on our big day.
A few other touches that made our wedding personal/unique:
- The welcome reception (before the ceremony) was definitely a big hit. It made people excited to be there, even for the ceremony, and really set the tone for the rest of the night!
- We had a string quartet play some of our favorite, non-traditional tunes for the ceremony: the processional was Edelweiss from the Sound of Music (my all time favorite movie and a song my dad used to sing to me growing up), the wedding party entered to Sweet Child of Mine by Guns & Roses, I walked down to Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, and we recessed to Bitter Sweet Symphony by the Verve!
- Brett boogied down with both his mom AND his 85 year old grandmother during the mother/son dance.
- We used a Wes Anderson coffee table book as our guest book. His movies are some of our all time faves and now we have the book on our coffee table and it’s so fun to flip back through and see everyone’s notes along with the movie photography!
- We spent a lot of time crafting our program, especially our thank you/shout outs to everyone who helped make our day extra special. I’ve included a copy of it here because we loved it so much!
- Those Easy Slider burgers are so freaking good!! It was the ultimate late night snack :)
What was the most memorable part of the day?
Looking around and seeing every person I care about in one room, having the absolute time of their lives! Brett and I set out to throw the most epic party ever, and I say we met and far surpassed that goal. Also, running through the sparklers into the Easy Sliders truck was pretty awesome…the looks and laugh-out-loud smiles on peoples’ faces were priceless!!
Tell us your story.
Brett and I met in Fayetteville, AR where I moved after college without knowing a single soul! We hung out as friends in group settings, which progressed into date nights, which ultimately led to him calling me his girlfriend at the horse races in Hot Springs, AR. From there, we enjoyed a year together in Arkansas getting to know each other while hiking, biking, floating, boating, camping, and all the other Natural State activities you can think of. We eventually followed each other to Dallas (the debate is still ongoing on who followed who exactly) to advance our careers and we continued to grow closer as we and our relationship matured. Then on Christmas Eve Eve 2016, with both of our families present, Brett got down one one knee and asked me to marry him!
We don’t have a video, but have LOTS of awesome photos from the lovely Charla Storey!
Also, shout out to Liz for being the MOST awesome planner I could have ever dreamed of!!!! I could NOT have done it without her. She was so incredibly thorough, thoughtful, and detail oriented, but had a relaxed demeanor about her that always put me at ease. 12/10 for sure.
Planning/Design: Liz Ise, Chancey Charm Dallas // Photographer: Charla Storey // Florals: Moss Floral Design // Venue: BRIK Venue // Gown: Kate McDonald // Bridal Salon: Lovely Bride Dallas // Beauty: Lip Service Makeup // Catering: Reata Restaurant // Entertainment: Royal Dukes Band // Bar: HD Liquid Catering // Dessert: Amuse Bake Shop // Photo Booth: The Photo Bus // Wedding PR: Something New for I Do // Ring Box: The Mrs. Box