Our new contributor Megan from MaeMae Paperie is back this week with some more amazing inspiration for you. What makes this board even more exciting is that Megan is using it on some special stationery for a shoot I’m styling down at the Zoetry Paraiso del Bonita in Riviera Maya. We’ll be heading down with Katie of Ever After Honeymoons (who is planning the entire trip!!!) as well as photographers Troy and Aimee Grover. I can’t tell you how excited I am! The trip will allow us to put together a destination wedding shoot and honeymoon shoot. To whet your appetite, Megan has put together a super fun peek at what’s in store! Stay tuned for more destination Mexico inspiration headed your way soon.
Here’s what Megan has to say about “Tutti Frutti”:
As I go through the process of creating characters to model my collection after it has been such a pleasure to discover new “friends.” If you don’t know her – meet Carmen Miranda. The original Brazilian bombshell. The actress + singer boldly showed off her curves and vivacious personality while dancing in teetering platform sandals and donning a hat topped with fruit. Get it girl.
1. The Lady in the Tutti Frutti Hat – NY Times Magazine editorial. GORG.
2. Vintage travel poster. Want to see what I do with old poster art? Check it out Oh Joy!
3. Luscious fruit illustrations by Christina.
4. Anna knows what’s up. I want these in orange.
5 + 8. New illustrations for the collection.
6. An old flyer from the Plaza.
7. Artwork from Copacabana. If you’ve seen it, who do you like better – Carmen or Fifi!?
9. Topshop flats. If Carmen ever wore flats I am sure she would go for this little number. Jewel beauty mark anyone?