In our travels this year, we had the lucky chance to meet some of the crew behind Squarespace–a supremely beautiful and easy to use website platform. They’ve recently launched an outreach to brides and grooms, because there are many couples out there (Bryan and I being one of them) that have had a tough time finding modern, simple, elegant templates for their wedding websites. I struggled so much to find something that worked for us (re: SIMPLE!!!) that I ended up building my own site. Oh how I bemoan not knowing about Squarespace. Their platform is absolutely perfect for those of you that are pretty picky and prefer to have greater flexibility with customization (yet still appreciate a clean design aesthetic).
I gave the platform a spin, and here’s what you need to know before you decide to use Squarespace (alongside some of my favorite designs of brides and grooms using the platform!)
1) Great photos are the best way to personalize the site! Those engagement pics will come in super handy here, so if you already did that (or plan on it) you’ll get a lot more mileage out of these beautifully clean templates. Galleries are easy to drag and drop too, so it makes it more fun to share with your wedding guests!
2) Make sure you watch the quick training video. I tried to skip it and got held up figuring out how the platform works. Once you get down where the buttons are, things go much more smoothly, so it’s well worth watching their quick tutorial! They also offer a wedding website workshop, which I recommend. Getting your feet wet with some guidance will make the process much easier!
3) If you are not tech savvy in the slightest, there will be a bit of a learning curve like almost any online software/platform you start. I appreciate that Squarespace offers 24/7 support if it’s 3am and you’re pulling your hair out. These guys have a reputation for customer service and they prove it!
4) Try it out first! Squarespace doesn’t make you commit with a credit card and creating an account was beyond easy. They trust the platform enough to know that once you try it out (two weeks free) you’ll be convinced. I’m actually working on redoing my styling site and I’m building it in Squarespace, so be on the look out. I’m excited to reveal my updated portfolio! (Hence the reason I’m giving you a real life test run!).
5) Custom URLS are super easy. You can register your unique name (like bryanandsummer.com) through them. Rather than register a URL separately and then connect the site (have you ever done that…trust me…it’s a rough go if you are a newbie) they do it for you. It’s all free with an annual subscription, which is about the minimum length of time you’ll want your site up.
6) BEST PART: online RSVPs! This is something I looked everywhere for and couldn’t find in combination with great design.
Darrell and Shauna’s site is super cute, and we love how they showed off their bridal party with a unique twist:
All that to say, we hope you’ll give Squrespace a spin while you are deciding which platform to use for your wedding site. If you decide you love it, use the code GREY14 to save 10% off an annual subscription for a Squarespace website.
While this post is sponsored, all the opinions are entirely truthful!