Getting ready for your wedding day is one of the most exciting parts of the big day!!! Whether your an absolute bundle of nerves or full of yoga induced calm, the hours primping, sipping, and chatting should be cherished! Photographers are almost always on hand to capture these moments, so we thought we’d run down a few things you ought to have on hand to make your beauty prep run smoothly and look beautiful!
Are you ready for these beautiful images put together for us by Alison Vagnini Photography, Mile High Bride, Holly Gerard, Tricia Egan, and Jessica Hearing with GORGEOUS florals by Violet Floral Design? Be sure to check in later today for part two of our Getting Ready Styling Tips!
1. First up, because obviously we’re obsessed with flowers, we think you ought to have your flowers delivered early. This will make everything feel real as you get to enjoy the beauty of your fleeting blooms! Plus, it’ll make the room look extra gorg for the photos!
2. Next, be sure to have on hand some of the lovelier details you’ll want to remember, such as your wedding day jewelry, and even the perfume you choose to wear (I bought a new bottle and used it sparingly during our engagement year, so the smell reminds me of all those wedding memories!). Make sure you have a gorgeous ring box to display your ring, and sentimental items like grandma’s hankie, or your something old/borrowed/blue can be worth capturing. You may also want photos of that sweet letter to your groom–beautiful stationery is an extra bonus!!!
3. Your bouquet is always such a design highlight, so make sure that gets captured on film!
4. A shot of your dress is a must! (Always make sure to have a beautiful hanger, rather than a heavy duty plastic one. Oh the horror!)
5. Don’t forget to bring your wedding stationery on the day of the wedding. This is a great time to capture photos of those invites you worked so hard on! Make sure you have lovely stamps on hand to amp up the style.
6. “Getting ready” shots of you are lovely in a well lit area with a simple background. I love when the bride’s makeup is already on…who wants to remember dark eye circles and pimples?! (Calling all photographers: No need for ample shots of makeup trays!!! Rather, keep it personal and simple!) Don’t forget a really lovely robe, and be sure to bring extra nail polish for final touch ups!
7. Snacks for you and your ladies are always a must. I also think a sip or two of a cocktail can help calm those nerves! Just make sure to pace yourself and drink plenty of water too! Stay hydrated and well fed! If you feel like throwing a few blooms in there to style up the drinks and fruit platter, I’m all for it. I mean you can just call me “Mrs. Over-the-Top.”
8. Lastly, be sure to get that final shot of you in your gown, putting on the finishing touches. How gorgeous, no?
Vendors: Photography: Alison Vagnini Photography // Planning: Mile High Bride // Venue: Parkside Mansion – Denver, Colorado // Styling: Holly Gerard, Tricia Egan, Jessica Hearing // Florals: Violet Floral Design // Vintage Rentals: A Vintage Affair Events & Rentals // Hair: Hair with Kate // Makeup: Kelsey Zabawa Makeup Artistry // Gowns: Leanne Marshall & Rebecca Schoneveld from a & be Bridal Shop // Paper Goods: Little Green Chair Studio // Models: Hannah Blatt & Allie Frank // Jewelry: Sara Watts // Bridal Robes: Nordstrom