Debbie and Phil relayed this overarching sentiment about their big day: “We had so much fun at our wedding.” And these images by You & Me definitely prove it. Set at Café Pinot in downtown L.A. and planned by CCL Weddings & Events, the event was filled with modern, graphic details in a pared-back palette. Stunning palm-infused centerpieces by Art with Nature are lifted high above guests giving the reception a modern, garden vibe in an urban setting. Huge smiles on the the bride and groom show up all over the images and we’re totally loving the abundance of animal appearances throughout the day. Check out all the happy moments in the photos below.
From the bride and groom: Phil and I met in law school. We became friends during class, somewhere in the middle of ridiculously contentious battles over what constitutes a valid word in online Scrabble. The relationship evolved, and five-six-or-something-years later, we were engaged and starting to plan our wedding. We immediately agreed that we needed a planner. After meeting with Cat at CCL Weddings, however, we knew that we didn’t just need a planner, we needed CCL Weddings. We’re so thankful they were available to plan our wedding. We can’t imagine what would, and would not have happened, without them.
It has been almost two months since our wedding at Café Pinot in DTLA. When we think back on the four-day celebration, unsurprisingly, so many memories and related emotions come to mind that it’s difficult to pack them into coherent sentences. Most can only be delivered in a scattered, slipshod debut, but we managed to wrangle this overarching sentiment: We had so much fun at our wedding. Looking at pictures, I see my memory is pretty accurate as I am laughing with my mouth gaping open at maximum aperture in so many of them – not cute. (From the groom: yes cute.)
And now, the spew of some of our favorite memories from the wedding day, in staccato:
- Our flower girl driving down the aisle in a white, toy convertible with tin cans in tow, wearing a minimalist flower crown, reflective sunglasses, an ivory tulle skirt, and the best look on her face;
- Our two dogs waiting at the altar for the ceremony to begin;
- Celebrating with all of our family and closest friends, together in one place;
- A mob of eighteen exceptionally attractive and screaming bridesmaids and groomsmen demanding to change their grand entrance song to “Despacito,” while the other guests wondered what was going on;
- Kidnapping a dwarf goat from our cocktail hour to take pictures walking across the street in DTLA;
- Interrupting the construction workers who interrupted our vows and taking pictures with them while learning how to properly hold a shovel;
- Inhaling fresh churros while changing into traditional Korean clothes for PaeBaek;
- The saxophonist and percussionist playing alongside our DJ during sunset after a perfect, Southern California day;
- The beautiful, everything-we-ever-wanted reception displayed before the façade of the LA Public Library;
- The exquisite flowers and lush greenery;
- Funfetti and pistachio cake (not in the same layer);
- Collapsing on the ground in a mound of tulle, laughing hysterically, after running in circles with a wedding-crashing dog; and
- Belting along to our last song, “We Are Young,” at the top of our lungs, in a giant huddle with our wedding party and guests.
From the groom: To me, the image that stands out the most is the moment my stunningly beautiful bride walked down the aisle. That moment cannot be described as anything other than pure perfection. The scenery was pristine, the weather was immaculate, and even our normally boisterous dog-children sat patiently at my feet. I’m fairly certain that for a brief moment, time stood still and everything was right in the world. Our wedding was an unforgettable day filled with love, laughs and countless memories that I will cherish forever.
Every detail and moment of the day, planned and unplanned, was just perfect to us. We’d do it all over, in exactly the same way.
Planning: CCL Weddings & Events // Photography: You & Me // Florist: Art with Nature // Stationery: Mari Chang // Venue/ Catering/ Cake/ Bar/ Valet: Café Pinot // Dress: Hayley Paige // Pae Baek: Cho Sun Myungju // Videography: The Cub Team // Hair & Makeup: Angie Lam // Photobooth: GC Photobooth // Desserts: Salinas Churros // Rentals: Chiavari Chair Rentals // Linens: La Tavola Linens // DJ/MC: Brandon Noel // Petting Zoo: Farm Friendz // Lighting: Amber Event Productions