As the holidays approach, now is the perfect time to practice a new look for your hair! We love Hollywood waves for weddings as much as we do for chic soirees, so we are crazy excited to share stylist Heather Chapman’s tutorial on how to accomplish the look at home. Here are easy step-by-step instructions for the chic vintage look, with photos by K. Mari Photography.
Side swept waves tutorial:
1 ) Section hair diagonally from left temple to right nape (or you can reverse it) Secure with clips.
2) Comb your left section toward the right & pin in to place, crossing pins for security.
3) Using a 1″ curling wand, wrap section horizontally from the bottom section to the top of the head. Curl everything in the same exact direction & manner.
4) Let curls cool, then brush them out in a downward motion.
5) Find the waves & places clips into the hair to define the waves.
6) Spray with hairspray to set. Remove clips & stun the crowd!