Lyndsey and Mike’s wedding at Addison Grove
photography by Feather & Twine
Bride Lyndsey describes the style of her Austin, Texas wedding to Mike as “the perfect mix of backyard + elegant + classic wedding.” Addison Grove, a modern ranch venue, set the tone while Kristin Ashley Events executed beautifully edited details in a neutral palette to let the surrounding shine. We’re loving the white, textured florals by Just’ In Roses and the relaxed family-style reception layout. Feather & Twine was on had to capture the day filled with timeless touches, Texas tacos, a few longhorns and the couples adorably huge smiles.
What made the wedding special and unique?
Since most of our guests were from out of town, at our wedding we wanted to show them the things we loved about Austin, from the decor and venue to the taco buffet! We even had longhorns at the wedding! We did Texas BBQ for our Welcome Dinner, followed by our modern ranch wedding venue and finally capped off the weekend on Rainey Street. For the wedding specifically, I wanted everything to be fun, neutral and timeless.
We picked the perfect venue for our taste, Addison Grove. It is a new shabby chic barn just outside of Austin. They have a great space with natural light and chandeliers, which I love. I didn’t feel like I had to bring a lot in. I love the ambiance of candlelight and touches of floral. When it comes to the décor portion we turned to Kristin for suggestions and good old Pinterest to get us through. Guest had fun during cocktail hour with games the venue provides. It was the perfect mix of backyard/elegant/classic wedding. The food was the icing on the cake! Everything from the traditional Texas tacos, Southwestern Mac n Cheese, jam roasted Brussels sprouts to the homemade desserts by a friend of the bride. We wanted our main focus to be the party and man it was a party, Uptown Drive had us up in the air, literally!
Tell us about the gown and where/how you found it!
I wanted a dress that was simple, elegant and timeless. It’s a Sarah Janks and I found it at Lovely Bride in Georgetown, DC.
What were some touches added to make the wedding personal?
We didn’t want to do a traditional cake so instead we had our friend, the talented Lindsay Swank, bake a variety of delicious desserts for our guests to enjoy at the end of the night!
What was the most memorable part of the day?
There were so many, I’m not sure I can pick just one!
- Spending all morning in the beautiful bridal house with my mom, future mother-in-law and bridesmaids. Along with the cutest ring bearer and flower girl!
- The first time I saw Mike. With all the excitement leading up to the day, it’s comforting when you are finally reunited with your person.
- Seeing the beautiful outcome from all of the months of planning – the flowers, food, entertainment, etc. It all came together better than we could have ever dreamed!
- I didn’t see it first hand but Mike ushering our ring bearer and flower girl down the aisle and then Gavin (ring bearer) handing the cereal box ring to Mike. They are probably some of my favorite pictures.
- Our friend, Laurie, officiating our wedding. There is something so special about someone who was such a big part of your relationship standing up with you on your wedding day.
- Mike (& eventually me) getting up on stage to belt out Garth Brooks ‘Friends in Low Places’!
Tell us how you met and became engaged.
I met Mike through my best friend, Laurie. They went to middle school together and he reached out when he was thinking about moving down to Austin. We met for drinks when he came down to look at apartments and had an instant connection. Three years later, we got engaged at my family beach house in Rehoboth, Delaware, my favorite place, surrounded by my family and close friends. It was a weekend full of celebrations and one I will definitely never forget.
Photographer: Feather & Twine // Planner: Kristin Ashley Events // Floral: Just’ In Roses // Stationery: M Poste // Venue: Addison Grove // Gown: Sarah Janks, Lovely Bride Georgetown, DC // Caterer: Peached Tortilla // Entertainment: Uptown Drive // Hair/Makeup: Flair Beauty // Desserts: Lindsay Swank